domingo, novembro 28, 2010

what is happening around us

IF A GREAT MUSICIAN PLAYS GREAT MUSIC BUT NO ONE HEARS . . . WAS HE REALLY ANY 
GOOD?

I read an article talking about this situation when a famous and one of the best 
musicians played at a subway in US. No one noticed, just a few stopped to enjoy 
the music and gave some coins... the week before he presented on a concert house 
charging people around $100. So the point is, so many people could have enjoyed a 
great music for free, but because most of them was so worried about their busy 
lifes couldnt stop and pay attention. Or even worse, do we just care about things 
that people say that worth and we gotta pay sooo much for eat, so then make it 
valuable? 
I include myself on that but since I moved to Europe, I try to enjoy simple things 
that I see around me... I know that is probably because right now everything is 
new, but I hope I can help myself to give attention to all the good things in life!

See below what the musican said about the experience he had:

"At a music hall, I'll get upset if someone coughs or if someone's cellphone goes 
off. But here, my expectations quickly diminished. I started to appreciate any 
acknowledgment, even a slight glance up. I was oddly grateful when someone threw in 
a dollar instead of change." This is from a man whose talents can command $1,000 a 
minute.


Now read a reflexion from MarLeithauser - he had held in his hands more 
great works of art than any King or Pope ever did. He is a Senior curator  at the 
National Gallery, he oversees the framing of the paintings. 
Leithauser thinks he has some idea of what happened at that Metro station.
"Let's say I took one of our more abstract masterpieces, say an Ellsworth Kelly, 
and removed it from its frame, marched it down the 52 steps that people walk up to 
get to the National Gallery, past the giant columns, and brought it into a 
restaurant. It's a $5 million painting. And it's one of those restaurants where 
there are pieces of original art for sale, by some industrious kids from the 
Corcoran School, and I hang that Kelly on the wall with a price tag of $150. No one 
is going to notice it. An art curator might look up and say: 'Hey, that looks a 
little like an Ellsworth Kelly. Please pass the salt."


BE THE CHANGE: enjoy little and simple things in life.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário